V-Strom Riders International
04/16/24 1412 Hours

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length
News: For login problems please contact admin - motorcycle@vssupportqueue.com
Advanced search  
  Pages: 1 |   Go to Bottom of page
EMAIL THIS TOPIC | PRINT
Author Topic: 2015 Wee Fuel tank removal  (Read 4443 times)
Suitcase
Stay upright and point it in the direction you want to go.
04/24/15 1639 Hours

DL650AXEXPL
Deep Cover
« on: 05/01/16 2246 Hours »
| All unread Move to top Move to bottom  

Haven't found anything specific to the 2015 model DL650 ABS EXP here in the forums.

I have enough cowlings and fairings removed to raise the tank on its support bracket, and cam see clearly about 1/3 of the underside of the tank ....So here are my questions.

1. Is there a specialty tool or a technique to remove the fuel line from the steel tube that comes out of the fuel pump. The fitting is a type I am not familiar with.
2. On removal of the fuel line, does fuel drain out the opened connection or is there check valve within the fuel pump to stop leaking. I have 4 or 5 liters in the tank.
3. Besides the fuel pump wiring connection and a small diameter rubber line ??vent line which is un-clamped or clipped to its nipple...are there any more disconnects under the tank...

Hoping somebody can provide guidance to the questions or a re-direct to a tech thread I have yet to find.

tnx DS

Growing old is un-avoidable...growing up is optional

Suitcase
Stay upright and point it in the direction you want to go.
04/24/15 1639 Hours

DL650AXEXPL
Deep Cover
« REPLY #1 on: 05/02/16 0258 Hours »

Due to lack of popular response ...I fooked away with tank removal ...thus answering my own questions....experience being the best teacher.

The pressurized fuel connection is easy peezy ...push fuel line towards the fitting, pinch the two little blue tabs on the fitting and pull line way.
A wee dribble of fuel escapes he bottom end of the fuel pump..maybe an ounce...likely less
Their are two "vent" lines, small diameter, one large and one smaller...they are just a pull off/push on...onto the steel tubes on the underside of the tank.

One thing to remember is once the lid is off the air filter bucket, filter pulled,checked, blown clean and refitted...DO not put the tank and lines back together on the bike until the lid has been replaced on the filter bucket ...NOT that that would happen on my watch....heard about from a buddy who knew a guy..

Growing old is un-avoidable...growing up is optional
Sullyfam
09/04/15 1220 Hours
2008 DL650
Fort Worth, TX
« REPLY #2 on: 06/02/16 0329 Hours »

Glad you managed through and you had a buddy warn you about the filter lid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 |  Go to Top of page
EMAIL THIS TOPIC | PRINT
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS   
Copyright V-Strom Riders International 2003-2013