V-Strom Riders International
11/28/14 0816 Hours

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: For login problems please contact admin - motorcycle@vssupportqueue.com
Advanced search  
  Pages: 1 |   Go to Bottom of page
EMAIL THIS TOPIC | PRINT
Author Topic: TFI & Upgrades  (Read 1309 times)
Turbo54
« on: 09/11/08 0643 Hours »
| All unread Move to top Move to bottom  

A friend of mine had Holeshot Performance Products (Dale Walker) DynoTune his 650 after new exhaust and a TFI Tuning Box were installed on his bike. He was extremely pleased with the results. Checking Holeshot on the web I discovered that he had also dialed in a K6 DL1000 using the TFI, new exhaust, new countershaft sprocket and then Dyno Tuned the bike. The results are on their web page, www.holeshot.com. After a phone call to Dale I was sold on taking my K6 DL1000 to have the upgrades installed.

I purchased the TFI, a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket and then began arrangements to have the bike worked on. Cycle Imports of Santa Cruz is Dale's recommended shop. In addition to the TFI and countershaft sprocket, I also head them install new brake pads, had the throttles synched, valves adusted and new braided stainless brake and clutch lines installed as well. The bike is ready to roll over 31K miles so it was due.

The ride back to Petaluma CA today was a dream. The torque and power through the gears is much improved...smoother and more constant across the board. The new stainless lines not only look good they provide a much firmer feel to the brakes and clutch. I'm looking forward to taking the bike back on the dirt to see the difference in torque while riding in the lower gears.

Dale was easy to talk to on the phone and obviously a subject matter expert. Richard and Joel at Cycle Imports were helpful on the phone and also new their stuff. When I dropped the bike off they were easy to talk with and willing to address any concerns I had. When I returned to retrieve the bike all my additional questions were answered as well. Plus the bike was completed when they said it would be.

I am pleased with the work done on the bike and although it's still a bit too early to tell, I think it was money well spent and worth the 120 mile drive from the North Bay to get the work done. T  
 Wheely

johnofchar
Former VSRI Administrator
Former Member
10/19/03 1511 Hours

SV-Strom & K9 ABS Wee
Charleston SC USA
www Offline
« REPLY #1 on: 09/12/08 1239 Hours »

Have you seen any effect on mileage?

“Most of the stuff people worry about, ain't never gonna happen anyway.” 

Get your flags
Turbo54
« REPLY #2 on: 09/14/08 0555 Hours »

Initial return trip yielded 39mpg. I was getting the feel of the torque and playing than I normally do. This current tank should yield a truer mileage. I must admit...I do like the torque provided by the 16 tooth countershaft sprocket. T
hotshoetom
05/18/08 2228 Hours
DL650K8
Bedford VA aka Stepford
« REPLY #3 on: 05/26/09 0322 Hours »

I would be curious to know if anyone with the Wee has tried Dales exhaust and tweaking and what kind of results they got from both a performance standpoint and fuel economy. One of the things that sold me on the bike was its fuel efficiency and I sure would not want to lose that.

Hotshoetom

Hotshoetom - a name given to me by an ex coworker....It kinda stuck

3 previous bikes, a POS chinese 150cc scooter (YUCH!), a Yamaha Majesty 400 ( nice bike but horrible dealer), a Suzuki Burgman 650 ( totaled April 2008 ) and now, a yellow DL650 - Givi bags, velcro parking brake, centerstand - mo
Pages: 1 |  Go to Top of page
EMAIL THIS TOPIC | PRINT
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS   
Copyright V-Strom Riders International 2003-2013